Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Adventures in Streaming! Road to Twitch.tv no 3 - The unit arrives!

It works beautifully!

Two days ago I received an email saying my order for the capturing 3ds unit had been shipped. I could hardly believe it because it's only been a month and a half since I put in my order and I expected to wait a lot longer for it. Two days later...

UPS sure took this whole "by the end of day" thing too serious as it showed up at 5:30pm. I waited with eagerly all day and finally I was handed a 1.8lbs brown box.


I tore it open as fast as I could and inside was a boxed 3DS almost like it was brand new. Inside the box along with the normal 3ds stuff was a sheet of paper detailing instructions on how to get the viewer and install/use it. It was pretty straight forward, Go to a website download it and double click the viewer for your processor (x32 or x64). Hooking up the USB was as simple as you would think it would be and the viewer just pops on and away you go at 60fps with no input lag to speak of. 


Back of the recording unit.
First few things I did were set up my profile and update the system. Next I am going to make a Mii and MyNintendo account as I've decided to keep this one separate from the normal one I use. While this will make it easier to organize this also means I have to start all over on games like Monster Hunter and River City. That's okay though as it gives me stuff to stream/record. I really don't know what else to say other than how excited I am to get started! Stay tuned!

The viewer software.

No comments:

Post a Comment