Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Adventures in Streaming: Road to Twitch.tv No. 2!

The rig, The plan and a very special thanks.

Being a console gamer since the dawn of my time here on earth having a gaming PC was nothing more than a 'If I won the lottery' type situation but thanks to a certain someone that is now a reality...

Up until recently I was using a laptop bought from bestbuy a 5 years ago. it's specs were great as an everyday office or school use computer but to play games it was sometimes a challenge. It's specs were actually pretty decent except for one thing....On board video card. Without it being a dedicated card games would chug or some wouldn't work whatsoever. Some games I could get working but only if they weren't too graphic intensive and were small on resources. 

Recently however a friend of mine gave me his computer as he has moved to Japan to be with his now wife and I couldn't be happier for them! Although there is a time difference of 14 hours between us we still manage to have a talk or two ever week or so which I enjoy. I miss him a great deal but also wish him and his awesome wife the best. They deserve it!

The computer in question is a few years old but still is THE BEST computer I have ever owned. The specs are as follows:

Specs as of 9.11.16


As you can see it isn't too shabby for even today's most intensive games to run on a medium or low settings and the games I play from yesteryear run like a dream! I couldn't be happier with it! after talking to another coworker of mine I have found out it wouldn't be all that expensive to upgrade it to run VR which is something I really really want to do, Especially after finding out that the New 3DSXL with Capture card can output to a VR device through the viewer software. Playing Monster Hunter through some VR goggles may sound like a weird concept to some but to me it's the stuff of my most wildest dreams! oh and PS: The case is pretty sweet too...The way I have it set up in my room though it's hard to get a picture right now but will update soon. Maybe.


We've decided due to cost we will use;
CPU: FX8350
GPU: NVidia GEFORCE  GTX970
RAM:
8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s Found Here!
Power Supply: 650w

  
I'm too excited! I should have this upgrade in about a month or so and the VR unit a couple months after. We'll see. Baby Steps! Other things I need to remember to get are a new Webcam, Elgato Gamecapture HD (Or a device that can do both HDMI and Composite/Component capture..Does that exist?) that's pretty much all I should need for a long while to start up my Twitch and Youtube channels. 

I still need to make graphics and such for the website, Splash screens of videos and an overlay of some kind for streams but that will come with time.

Before I end this post I just really want to thank Flukee Morrison for the computer in question. I cannot believe he was so kind to give it to me. He is a great friend, Great father to his kids and an all around LEGEND. I wish him all the best in his adventures in Japan and hope to game again with him soon. Miss him somethin' fierce! Thank you Flukee you sir are a legend!

No comments:

Post a Comment