Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Hunters Journal Generations No 1. Koops appears! Meet the legend!

Hint: ...It's me!

Monster Hunter is a magical series! I love it so much. Why? Well in this series of articles you will learn what makes it special and why it's among my most beloved game series' of all time. For this entry however it's more of a current status primer. Where I'm at and such So let's get down to it shall we?

Monster Hunter Generations for the 3DS released on July 15th and is a celebration game of sorts taking monsters and stages from all across the series' history.From the Forest and Hills stage (Now named Verdant hills!) to the Ancient Steppe with monsters such as Rathalos, Brachadios and Tigrex. The game also lets you visit older villages too (Kokoto FTW!). While it thrives on past entries in the series it does have it's own share of new stuff to make it feel fresh such as Hunter Arts which are special attacks both specific to and not specific to each weapon type which you use by filling up a meter by attacking monsters. It's flashy and satisfying to land an art on a downed monster to finish it off.

There are a few new boss monsters which are pretty cool. Mizutsune is like a chinese bubble dragon of sorts that actually inflict a new status effect where you slip and slide! It's pretty great! for more info on the new stuff in the game just look to a review or something all in all it's pretty amazing and I love it.
PS: Lots of small quality of life changes...I.E: Holding A to gather/carve! <3 thanks Capcom!

So far since release I have 235+ hours into the game and have no signs of burning myself out yet. My main weapon is Longsword and although I want to do Palico more I don't have good enough cats to be efficient in anything I suspect.

I get asked almost everyday how far I am but that's a tough answer because, while the game has numerous achievement like awards and a completionist vibe in how it handles quest unlocks, Monster Hunter is less about it's own progression and more about personal progression. In light of that I set goals for myself. One night I'll want to clear all Dreadking levels. Next I might want to make a certain armor set. It keeps me going and keeps things varied and different without feeling too stale.


My Character Status as of 9/06/16

With the above image as my current character. This is what I usually hunt with. I have also made a few weapons and armor sets. Such as Macao, Tetsucabra, Garuga, Garuga S and Glavenus S. I also have the well known BuJaBuJaBu set which is a great beginners set if you're looking for a good set to learn the game with if you're interested in using any Blademaster type weapons.

As for weapons I primarily have longswords made. Some maxed out and some not so much but maxing out all longswords is on my to-do list. I use the Trembling Pisces and Guardian Blade mostly depending on the set I'm using.

That's pretty much wraps it up for this entry. Long live the hunt!









2 comments:

  1. Interesting! Once a gamer always a gamer! Can't wait to view more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI- on your main screen go to Post List (in between New Post orange box and View Blog box. Once there the menu is on the left hand side. You can select Layout and Template to spruce things up, and even earnings and campaigns if you go that route once you're established. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete